Monday, April 12, 2010

College Question?

I have a question about college and I am wonderig if anyone can answer it. I am wondering what colleges I can get into. I have a 2.8 gps not weighted and 3.4 weighted. I got a score of 1580 on my SAT's: 540 math, 530 critical reading, 510 writing. I am not sure of my class rank. I am involved in a lot of extracurricular activities. I have recieved a scholorship for outstanging performance on my MCAS test. I am taking all honors classes. I have recieved many awards in sports and school. So I am wondering if I can get into:





1. Suffolk University


2. Assumption College


3. Bridgewater State College


4. Nichols College


5. Worcester State College


6. Becker College


7. UMASS Amherst


8. Framingham State College


9. Quinsiggamong Community College





If anyone could please just tell me my chances of getting into each and what ones you think I can get into. Any help and input is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

College Question?
Rather than our giving you random guesses, why don't you look at the College Board's website? You can put your information in and then see how you stack up against each of these colleges, or you can feed in your preferences and qualifications and they will tell you which schools would be a match for you. The site is www.collegeboard.com.
Reply:You have a really good chance. But, why not try applying for more Universities than Colleges. I haven't heard of any of these schools before so I'm thinking they're not prestigious! But, I had a lot of doubts and I'm a senior in high school.


I applied to Saint Louis University - a really, really good/prestigious school. I didn't think I was going to get accepted because my GPA was lower than what they wanted, my ACT was 23 - lower than what they wanted and I turned in a not so great essay.


But, a 1/2 an hour ago - I GOT ACCEPTED. An admission officer sent me a letter. I'm so excited.





So basically what I'm trying to say is. Apply to ALL the schools you want to go to. Send good letters of recommendation and write a really good essay. If you have doubts about your GPA... visit the school and talk to an admission officer person.





YOU WILL GET ACCEPTED. I have no doubts!!!


1 comment:

  1. Hi, my name is Justin and I am the Director of Social Media here at Nichols College. I came across this question in an online alert (let's me know when Nichols is mentioned) and wanted to reach out.

    From what you posted here (grades, SAT, and involvement) I would love to have the opportunity to talk with you further and connect you with an admissions counselor.

    My email: justin.roy[at]nichols.edu

    - Justin G. Roy

    ReplyDelete