Wednesday, April 14, 2010

College Advice: Where should I go to college? Mizzou, Miami of Ohio, or Boston College?

I have been accepted to the honors college at Miami University of Ohio (with 12,000 in scholarships, and 25,000 in loans), the honors college at Mizzou (and am also waiting to hear from the Conley Scholars program which would guarantee acceptance into medical school without taking the MCAT, financial aid TBA but since I am in-state it would be more reasonable), and Boston College (my first choice, but the cost is certainly an issue, financial aid TBA). I plan on attending medical school after college, so I was wondering if it is worth taking on loans for undergraduate school (i.e. for Boston College). I definitely prefer BC in terms of atmosphere, and it is definitely stronger in academics than the other two, but I am worried about financing it. Do you have any advice in finding any additional funds? Any advice, especially from current students or alumni from any of these schools, is much appreciated!

College Advice: Where should I go to college? Mizzou, Miami of Ohio, or Boston College?
Well, I can't give you a real technical answer, but I'd say go to Boston College.





You've gotta love the atmosphere you're subjecting yourself to, because it's gonna be your life for at least four years. Anything else - academics, tuition - is secondary in my life to terms of my personal happiness and harmony (except for the happiness and harmony of those that matter to me, but that's for a different discussion.)





To be honest, no one can really give true advice or answer this question, because no one can pick your brain like you can. If you're a real specific, orderly type, then you might not want to go to Boston just because your economic fate is uncertain. If you're more laid-back and take things as they come (which you don't seem to be, BTW) then just give it a shot; you can always transfer, and if Mizzou and Miami /Ohio like you now, then they'll surely like you with a semester at Boston College under your belt.





But you've honestly got nothing to lose by moving to Boston, so that's what I would do. Good thing I don't have to worry about getting accepted to Boston College. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment