Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Has college become this prestigious race?

Since the beginning of my highschool year, all my friends (including I) have been wanting to go to college. I'm a senior now and its merely 3 months away untill I graduate. I still do plan to go to college, but more to a community college because of it's low cost. Yet, I know so many people whose egos have got in the way to where going to college is pretty much a competition. We all brag about what University we're going to or what colleges is better than whatever other colleges there are. We don't really realize that is that it's what matters after college is over and what we have to offer to the world. My question is, has college become this prestigious race where everyone just does it because they want to show off to their friends or whatnot? I'm pretty sure there are deserving people whose intentions aren't this, but isn't that how it always been?

Has college become this prestigious race?
its just not about college , many people in this country competes just about anything , from fashion to girls , it is about whos getting the finest ride on the best circumstances which is just beyond stupid , because happiness doesnt last that much being that way , it is what comes from kindness , love , and justice which will makes us in the longer run , than believing "im better than you , because im inside a big building totally crowded , and with a good reputation


the story doesnt go like that for real people
Reply:I agree. I didn't go to college pretty much only because everyone was so into makeing me go. Everyone says, "Be yourself." But when you actually do something that no one else does everyone hates you for it. Hey, I just did what they told me to.


No comments:

Post a Comment