Wednesday, April 14, 2010

College Advice?

I am currently a Junior in High School and I am starting to look for Colleges/Universities that I really want to go to. I recently went to my School Guidance Counselor to check on how I was doing as of now. She told me that I have a 3.4 Grade Point Average (GPA). At that point I was somewhat concerned because of how low my GPA was. My school's grading scale is very different. It goes up to a 5.3, which is an A+. So, a 3.4 in my school isnt great because of how the system works. But when i transferd it go the standerd College scale it turned out to be a "B" as opposed to a "D", in my school. Do colleges convert your High School GPA to there scale? or do they use the High School's one? The colleges that I am looking at are:


1. Boston University


2. Northeastern University


3. Clark University


4. Suffolk University


5. Emerson College


6. Emmanuel College


7. Becker College





Could I get into any of these Colleges? or are they all out of reach? are any "safety" schools for me?

College Advice?
Yes, they do convert, I think they also expect you to report if your school is not on a 4 point scale.


No comments:

Post a Comment