Friday, April 16, 2010

HELP! What college should I go to?

I'm stuck between two different colleges. The first one is a community college in my current town. I would know lots of people going to this college and be close to home. I could still live at home and save my money instead of paying for rent. The second college is in a bigger city, 2 hours away from my current town. I might know a few people going to this college, but not many. The only thing I'm worried about is that I'd get there and then be really homesick. I'd also have to pay for rent and all that stuff. It would be nice to go to a college right here in my home town, but I know that college is also a time to explore and grow, and that would definitely happen if I moved away from home. I guess I also have the option to move into an apartment and go to the community college in my current town, but is that a waste of money when I could be living at home? What do you think I should do? What are the pros and cons??

HELP! What college should I go to?
I think you have to ask yourself what stage are you in life? Are you wanting to go out and "see the world" or do you feel absolutely fine with just living at home in your current situation? I would agree that living in your same town but moving out would be kind of a waste.





You mention worrying about getting homesick. Is there a chance that you can dorm at the farther school? If you were to dorm, I'm sure you'd meet plenty of new friends, enough to minimize the feelings of being homesick. If you can't dorm, it will be more difficult to make new friends away from home. In my experience, I went to a school that was about 1 hour from home but I lived in an apartment. Although it was a university, the school was a major commuter school so I didn't feel like I got the typical "college experience".





I think you need to ask yourself what you really want and whether or not you feel ready to be on your own.


No comments:

Post a Comment