Wednesday, April 14, 2010

College and university?

I am graduating next year and their is this program that I really want to take 'aviation mangement' which is in a college here in Canada. However, since its college everyone around me is trying to get my thoughts out of it becuase they have their negative opinions on college. My dad for example said to me that I worked so hard during my school life and that I shouldnt give that all away to go to a college. He obviously wants me to go to university. I am about to apply and he told be to apply to both university and college, which i probably am going to do. So if I end up going to college how would that make me look like in front of others who are all in university? Will I still be proud of myself in some way? and in terms of the future, will I be in a good position if I succeed in college?


thank you

College and university?
Well, I went to both a college and a university. The only difference really between the two was that the university was much more expensive, and some of the classes were different. The university does not generally give remedial courses to people. They expect that you will be up to par when you come into the university. The college usually allows people to play catch up with classes. I think that whether you go to a college or University, you should be proud of your accomplishment. You can still get a good job, just make sure the college is accredited.
Reply:I'm graduating this year and our university applications are due next week. I get what your dad is trying to say, but apply to both university and college. There are aviation management programs in universities (in BC, Ontario and Quebec), it just depends where you live in Canada and whether or not you'd be allowed to move away for school.





Don't worry about how it would make you look in front of others, it's your life, and as long as you're doing what you love, that's what counts. I mean, who wants to wake up every morning and go to a job they hate. College isn't 'lower' than university, it just has a different method of teaching. Colleges are more hands on, while university is good for those who can learn by reading and sitting in lectures most of the day. It depends on the person. For example, there are a few uni programs, such as nursing, that offer the exact same program at a college too.





You will be proud of yourself for succeeding. And of course you'll be in a good position if you succeed. My dad graduated from college, he's a tool and die maker, and makes more money than some university graduates. Just think of all the trades jobs like electricians and plumbers, college graduates, they're well off. :)





I suggest doing some more research on where else the program is offered. Good Luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment