Monday, April 12, 2010

Navy College Credits... HELP?

Bonuses for College Credits


Recruits with colllege degrees and college credits also qualify for a bonus. College bonuses may be combined with other enlistment bonuses. Members must provide official college transcripts prior to shipping to basic training.





12-23 semester hours of college = $2,000


24-47 semester hours of college = $3,000


48-71 semester hours of college = $4,000


72-95 semester hours of college = $6,000


96+ semester hours of college = $7,000





is this true, because i got 2yrs of BSN(Bachelor of Science in Nursing) in college... my recruiter never told me about this, he'll just always remind me to give my transcript of record to him... so I told him about the "college fund", now he just only wants me to fax my transcript to him... I told him that i'll just give the original copy, he insist and told me that i fax the transcript because it's more important... Is my recruiter doing something "dirty" that i don't know?

Navy College Credits... HELP?
If you feel the recruiter is not being honest with you, then you have the right to talk to another recruiter at a different office. You can go the Navy recruiting website and contact someone using a phone number or email address listed there.





It does sound a little fishy, because usually when transcripts are involved, an original from the college, directly are requested. Anything from the student is considered tampered with and/or changed. With money involved, I would go with having the college send them directly to the recruiting office.....one that you find that sounds a little more sincere.





I am not familiar with that program, but it is VERY likely. Keep doing your research and stay on top of things.





Good luck!!
Reply:the transcript must be officially recognized by the college you earned them at, so they are the ones that have to send it.





In addition to any bonus, you are also eligible to enlist at an advanced paygrade.. as high as E3. I believe 45 hours gets you E2 and over 60 gets you E3.. but don't quote me on the numbers.





However, since you already have college credits I do NOT think you qualify for the College fund, only the GI Bill.


No comments:

Post a Comment