Friday, November 13, 2009

College...?

I'm 15, I know young.., But what colleges are good for::


Filmmaking


Writing


and Psychology





but don't cost so much that I'll have to take out a loan (i despise banks and refuse to ever open an account) and are in either:


New Jersey


New York


Florida


Illinoise


California


or


Texas





Also, the grades don't have to be perfect but around average... and Don't require more than two years of a foreign language. (I take Italian, but don't want to. I want to take Spanish bu my mom won't let me. So I won't take more than the required two.)





Yeah, I may be too young to think about college but I want to make sure I find one for those specific things. I tend to overlook things and just found out theres a filmmaking class in my highschool but only juniors and seniors can take it.





Any help would be great, thanks in advance.





b.t.w. im eating disgusting mms. dont think anyone cares... but theyre NASTY.

College...?
If you're serious about the bit on loans/never having a bank account, then unless your family is wealthy enough to pay for your education, you should probably first look at your state school....because without personal wealth, without taking out loans, and without fantastic stats to get you a full-ride, I don't see private colleges in your future.





It's certainly not too early to start thinking about college, but I'd suggest you meet with your guidance counselor so you can get a more realistic idea about how college works, how much it costs, and what you need to do to achieve your goals.





(Also, if you do become a writer/filmmaker/psychologist, how are you going to function without participating in the financial system...the later two require being involved in a company or practice, which will require more professional accounting practices than shoving wads of cash in your back pocket. Sorry, but it's true.)
Reply:One great piece of advice:





Get a job, open a bank account, and put your money in the bank so that you can earn some interest, and hopefully not have to take out a loan in the future


No comments:

Post a Comment